Before you upgrade to MacOS Sierra (10.12) be forewarned that re-installing your Adobe CS6 will not be as straightforward. Notwithstanding this, the good news is that – its possible and CS6 appears to continue to run on MacOS Sierra.
Once you have completed upgrading your Mac systems to MacOS Sierra any attempt to re-install Adobe CS6 by double-clicking the Install.app will most likely result in the following pop-up window:
Clicking “Get Adobe Support Advisor” is no help because it no longer exists.
To successfully re-install a functional version of Adobe CS6 you need to perform the following:
- Download and install the lastest version of Java for MacOS from Oracle
- Download and install the legacy Java SE6 from Apple
- Right click Install.app for each application of Adobe CS6 you wish to install and in the drop down menu, select “Show Package Contents”
- Navigate to the /Contents/MacOS/ folder and double click Install. This should automatically launch the Terminal application, some lines of code will run and the actual CS6 installer will successfully launch
- Once installation is complete, quit the Terminal application and repeat steps #3 and #4 above for each CS6 application you wish to install