After upgrading to a hacked version 1.1.3 of iPhone firmware, some users experience the inability to use YouTube and despite the many tutorials on the World Wide Web that direct the download and installation of the YouTube activation patch from the AppTap installer, some times it doesn’t work.
You will know something is wrong when you see this message shortly after launching the YouTube application on your hacked iPhone: “You must first connect to iTunes with an Internet connection to enable Youtube”.
In such a case, the best solution is to manually patch the YouTube certificates on your iPhone.
This can be done by doing the following:
- Download the 3 certificate files from here
- Unzip the downloaded file
- SSH into your iPhone
- Go to /var/root/Library/Lockdown
- Back up the 3 files that match the ones contained in the earlier download
- Replace the 3 files on your iPhone with the 3 downloaded versions
- Re-boot your iPhone