It seems Apple Inc has yet to fix the CallerID bug even in the latest release of its version 1.1.3 firmware for the iPhone. Either that, or the iPhone hacking community has overlooked patching this bug in the soft update.
Whatever the case, you’ll know you’ve been afflicted with this bug if when people call you and a number shows up instead of their names from your Address Book.
Thankfully a patch for this has been found and if you’re familiar with hacking the iPhone then you can quickly work around this and bring your 1.1.3 iPhone back into 100% working condition again.
This time the thanks goes out to an individual going by the handle timschuerewegen over at the Hackintosh forums.
Perform the following:
- Download the necessary files here
- Unzip the downloaded file
- SSH into your iPhone
- Back up your original AppSupport file in the /System/Library/Frameworks/AppSupport.framework/ directory on your iPhone in case you want to revert what is about to be done.
- Copy the directory named “Support” from the downloaded file in the /System/Library/Frameworks/AppSupport.framework/ directory on your iPhone.
- Copy the “AppSupport” and “AppSupport.original” files from the zip file to the /System/Library/Frameworks/AppSupport.framework/ directory on your iPhone. Select “yes” if prompted whether to overwrite existing AppSupport file.
- Re-boot iPhone
“Thanks again to timschuerewegen!!”