Apple has announced a repair extension program affecting Macbook Pro systems sold between February 2011 and December 2013.
Affected units can be submitted for repair free of charge at an Apple Service Provider starting 20 February 2015 in U.S.A. and Canada and 27 February 2015 in other countries.
Symptoms your unit may be affected (entitled for repair extension) include:
- Distorted or scrambled video on the computer screen
- No video on the computer screen (or external display) even though the computer is on
- Computer restarts unexpectedly
Products potentially affected include:
- 15″ Macbook Pro (Early 2011, A1286, MacbookPro8,2)
- 15″ Macbook Pro (Late 2011, A1286, MacBookPro8,2)
- 15″ Macbook Pro Retina (Mid 2012, A1398, MacBookPro10,1)
- 15″ Macbook Pro Retina (Early 2013, A1398, MacbookPro10,1)
- 17″ Macbook Pro (Early 2011, A1297, MacBookPro8,3)
- 17″ Macbook Pro (Late 2011, A1297, MacBookPro8,3)
Note: this repair extension is valid for three (3) years from the original date of sale or until 27 February 2016, whichever provides longer coverage.
For details refer to Apple’s official Support page.