Apple’s latest Boot Camp beta is now into version 1.2. With improved driver support including support for Windows Vista. If you have already installed a previous version of Boot Camp, don’t fret. There’s no need to re-partition your hard drive; all that is needed is to download Boot Camp beta 1.2, install the updated Boot Camp beta 1.2 assistant so that you can use it to create the latest Mac drivers for Windows. Following that, boot into Windows and install the latest drivers.
Here are some of the improvements in version 1.2:
- Support for Windows Vista (32-bit)
- Updated drivers, including but not limited to trackpad, AppleTime (synch), audio, graphics, modem, iSight camera
- Support the Apple Remote (works with iTunes and Windows Media Player)
- A Windows system tray icon for easy access to Boot Camp information and actions
- Improved keyboard support for Korean, Chinese, Swedish, Danish, Norwegian, Finnish, Russian, and French Canadian
- Improved Windows driver installation experience
- Updated documentation and Boot Camp on-line help in Windows
- Apple Software Update (for Windows XP and Vista)
For installation and setup reference, you can download Apple’s Boot Camp 1.2 Installation and Setup Guide.